Monday, November 16, 2009

Blogging and why I'm crap at it

So this blog hasn't exactly turned out the way I'd hoped. Entries for one... just aren't here are they.

Backpacking has changed a lot since I last did it. Now everyone has a mobile phone and even a mini-laptop. Alas I do not. This means finding Internet cafes and paying the sometimes extortionate cost (up to AU$9 per hour) to sit in a stuffy room and try to think what on earth about my travels would make interesting reading.

Setting this up as a sustainability focused blog was somewhat setting it up for a fall. I simply haven't had the opportunity to gain an in depth look at many sustainability related topics.

Somehow I'm finding myself a very busy little backpacker. Always somewhere to go and something to see. Go figure...

So the Scottish lassie and I have been on the road for 4 months now. We have been through Italy, France and Spain all by train and we have never been in one place for too long.

Our latest adventure sees us in Vincent Van-Go, our lovely new camper, travelling around UK and Ireland (where we are right now). For a look at the gorgeous Vincent, and an example of a high quality and dedicated blogger, see Letters from London.

So I apologise to my lovely friends and family who have been waiting to read something, anything from this page. I will try a little harder to gain some blog confidence and build up my blogger blagging skills.

2 comments:

  1. Hey babe, blogging is so much harder than it looks! Good luck, just mental note all of the ideas you have when you're away from the computer. Are backpackers richer now than 5-10 years ago?
    Tina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) good to hear from you! yes, I imagine backpacking has changed a lot - that made me smile - you guys amongst all the teched-up backpackers. my bro is just about to go o/s, and is wondering what sort of laptop to buy(!)
    thanks for the fb message too, I am indeed slack.
    news? work - nah, you don't want to know about alll that stuff. I'm still sitting next to paula, how funny is that?
    Melb feels like darwin at the moment - humid with afternoon thunderstorms. climate change...?
    Anyhow, I am just about to head off to queenscliff music fest, so I will love you and leave you, and big hugs to you and the scottish lassie xx

    ReplyDelete